Thursday, July 17, 2008

Youth Ministry Re-commissioning at GtC

As a recognition of the importance of the Ministry to Young People, it was agreed to re-Commission the Youth Ministry and to encourage them to greater depth of commitment and ministry delivery. The Youth ministry consists of it's mentor, Provincial Youth Council, and Youth oriented ministries such as ASF, AYF, Sunday School, all the Guilds, Hope Africa, Siyafundisa, and all other organisations that deliver a ministry of sorts to the young people of the Anglican Church in Southern Africa.
This event will happen at the Provincial launch of Growing the Church on Friday 19 September 2008 in Johannesburg. The entire Synod of Bishops will be in attendance as well as Provincial Standing Committee.
All young people are encouraged to participate in activities and events initiated locally in their respective Dioceses via their GtC Implementation Teams.
For information about this event and any other aspect of Growing the Church, could you please contact the Growing the Church office at : Phone : (021) 712 0408 or email office@growingthe church.co.za.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be bringing three youth (Hannah 17, Jordan 15, Katie 13) on SOMA mission team from Australia to GtC in J'Burg and thereafter Dio. Bloemfontein. Uncertain of how they will be involved as yet, but would be very keen to mix and share with youth ministries at either place. Rev. Rex Marre

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm interested in attended the lauch, may I have the full details about what is needed from me, I'm from the Diocese of Pretoria and not sure if there are any people who are clued about it, how can I get involved, and how can I let other people from my Diocese be involved. what is the criteria to follow.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Please email me your contact details on tony@equip4life.co.za and I will send you the information you need. Blessings. Tony